Thursday, January 6, 2011

Photos that didn't make the final cut.

 This is a group of images that did not make it into my final portraits project - but that I like nonetheless.  These images were eliminated from the project for a variety of reasons.  Zack here did not make it in to the final project at all - I shot these before I had cemented my approach to the project and as a result they don't fit with the other images in the group. So to make it up to you Zack, I put two up here.

 I was not happy with the black void behind Cyrus in this image, I should have left my shutter open longer to pick up some light back there. There was a lot of moonlight when this was taken, and it is just past sunset.
 This image, and several others of Dale, didn't really work for the project because I aimed to use the home as a set piece of sorts.
 In the end, I just had images of Emily with better light.
 I love this moment with Justin and his dog (Zoe i believe), but the focus here just wasn't where I wanted it to be.
 This was painful. I love this image - except for my framing of Russell with a giant wreath growing out of his head...
I like this image of Katherine, however I just had better moment with her sitting on the porch with Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment